Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wild, Wacky Wisconsin, Wedux!

Wonce again, we went to Wild, Wacky Wisconsin for a Woadtrip!
It was a short vacation to Lake Geneva and Milwaukee, and it did not disappoint.  Here are a few of the highlights:
At the Animal Gardens...
The Accursed "Kittens for Adoption" Room.  Note the look on her face... This is a bad, bad place. Never take a teen girl there...

The statue of Romeo, the Serial Killer Elephant in Delavan, WI.  Over the course of his career, he killed 5 people.  When he died, they built a statue in his honor in Wisconsin. 

A very long sign devoted to a brick road.  You'd think it was made of human gallstones, unicorn testicles or something special to get a sign like this.  But no, it's just a brick road in a small town in Wisconsin.

REAL HARD EVIDENCE that brother and sister can still have fun together!!!  They will deny it - but this is proof that it happened!

According to my children, the MAIN reason for going to Wisconsin - Cheese Curds!  Sometimes, they had several orders as one big meal.  What?

Did you know flamingos bend this way? 

 My favorite - a bird who looks like a cartoon villain!  I want one!  I would name him Smedley.

My daughter thought this meant that, like Pat the Bunny, she could Pat the Jaguar... I actually toyed with slipping the zookeeper a twenty to see if it was possible.

Mr. Assassin and I were so excited!  A statue of Fonzie in Milwaukee!!!  The kids posed, then asked, "Who's this guy?"  Sigh.  Nick at Night has failed a generation.


At the restaurant - this was in the bathroom.  You touch the heart thingy and alarms go off.  Meg posed, then asked, "Who's this guy?"  I told him her grandma had this centerfold in her closet when I was a kid.  She said, "He's hairy. Gross."

 How was your vacation?

The Assassin







































12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip! And your kids look like they were having fun.

Now I'm hungry for cheese curds...

ErikaRobin said...

I had to look at the flamingo twice to see that he hadn't been buried in the yard too deep.

Oh, and...AAAAAAAY!!

Leslie Langtry said...

Amanda - it was a fun trip and I ate my own weight in cheese curds...yum...

Leslie Langtry said...

Erika - I know, right? Their legs bend wrong! I didn't tell them that, of course, because that would be mean...

catslady said...

Craig Ferguson of late,late night always says how Flamingoes pee on their legs to keep cool and they smell horrible lol. Didn't know they could do that with their legs. Love the retelling of your trip. You mean you didn't let your daughter have the adorable kitten!! And I remember having that poster of Burt Reynolds lol.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Hilarious! I love that the kids don't recognize the "icons".

I totally would have let her have the kitten. That kitten was ADORABLE!

Leslie Langtry said...

We already have 3 cats back home, so no, we didn't take the ADORABLE kitten. I didn't know flamingoes pee on their legs...um, i guess that makes sense...sorta.

Kima said...

Smedley! That's perfect !I love it!

I remember that Burt Reynolds poster in magazaine. My sister showed it to me and I was too busy looking at the good stuff to notice the face and asked who it was later. Didn't live that one down for a while.

Leslie Langtry said...

He was hot - and he didn't have ridiculous abs or anything like that. It's ridiculous how poster boys look now.

Brandy said...

I agree with an earlier poster. Looks like y'all had fun and those cheese curds look delicious!

Leslie Langtry said...

Cheese curds are delicious, Brandy! Deep fried cheddar cheese...now I'm drooling...

Terri Osburn said...

I've been stuck in jury duty for three days. This is exactly what I needed to make the day better. I traveled to Knoxville last weekend and saw cheese curds on the menu at a Dairy Queen. Had no idea what they were.

About that road. Wouldn't be YELLOW bricks, would they?