Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Zone

So yesterday I had the coolest writing session - I basically forgot about everything but the story for hours. It doesn't always happen that way, to get in the zone, and it was a lot of fun. And it started me thinking about my brother and how when he runs, he gets into that same kind of rhythm, where you forget were you are and just focus on the moment. It's a neat place to be.

I only wish I could do it while running. My latest attempts at getting ready for the Run for Your Lives Zombie 5k basically consist of me, half-bent over and panting after the first mile, then making deals with myself to finish the next half-mile, then walking the rest. Afterward, I complain to my husband and tell him how hard it is and he tells me how he ran five miles every morning when he was in the army.


Show off.


But I do hear that with dedication, practice and love (that last one will never happen with me on a track), it is possible to find a running zone. Maybe some day it will all click. In the mean time, I'll stick to writing.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I'll never hit that running zone, either. My brain keeps thinking "am I done yet? please God let me be done!". Good luck with your continued practicing!