Monday, August 30, 2010

It Comes Around So Fast

Monday, that is. Do you guys feel the same? I just get grooving on everything and think I'm making strides and then it's already Sunday night. Ugh Had a busy weekend with freelance writing projects, some web-building (I officially hate Photoshop), and working on my next Harlequin Intrigue.

I also managed time to watch Shutter Island, which I missed at the theater and am just getting around to. I have to say that I figured out the twist early on, but overall, the movie was well written, well acted and had that overwhelming feeling of gloom that I look for in those kinds of stories. I recommend it to anyone who likes movies with a gothic feel and mental bend.

Also watched the first three episodes of Dexter Season 4 - thank you Netflix! I am not near as impressed with this season so far as the others. I am losing respect for the serial killer who will not put his stupid wife in place. Maybe in an interesting twist, she can be his victim at the end of the season!

I have been keeping up with America's Got Talent and still like Michael Grimm, but I love Prince Poppycock! What an artist that guy is, and not just in one area. He's a great singer, creates fabulous characters but his costumes, set design and makeup are right up there with any professional. Surely that guy has a huge career on Broadway ahead of him.

Here's a link to last week, when he took on Freddy Mercury, of all people:


Well, off to work for me, then the post office, then the doctor, then work again. A busy Monday. Have a great week all!

Deadly DeLeon

6 comments:

krisgils33 said...

Every weekend is too short for me. Always way too much to do. I'm on staycation this week. Sleeping late, spending time with my daughter before school goes back, and hopefully getting some long-neglected chores done.

Jana DeLeon said...

kris - I am SO jealous. I would love a staycation! Have fun with your week.

Leslie Langtry said...

Bring on the 5-day weekend and 2-day workweek!

catslady said...

I really enjoyed Shutter Island - I wish I had read it first but never got around to it and I love Leonardo DiCaprio.

I too like Michael and Prince Poppycock but most of all the little girl from my hometown (Pgh.) that sings opera. Very strange to hear an adult voice come out of her little body.

Jana DeLeon said...

Leslie - MAN, if you run for office, I will SOOOOO vote for you on that platform!

Jana DeLeon said...

catslady - I hadn't read the book either, which is usually a good thing, but I thought Shutter Island was very well done. I also like the opera girl - and yes, almost eerie when she sings.