Monday, November 09, 2009

Mask

The mask that the incredible Leslie Langtry made for me finally arrived. There was a few days of terror when we thought we'd have to assault the USPS for losing the mask - as apparently, it now takes 5 days for a 2 day priority package to arrive, but the mask finally made it into my mailbox. Here's a pic:

Of course, the first thing I did was try it on and terrorize the cat. It's simply no fun if you can't chase an animal. Besides, it will likely get cold enough to wear it one night during the dead of winter at about 3 am - during which time I will be in bed with my fuzzy sheets. It's Texas, ya know?

Saw Paranormal Activity this past weekend and like it okay. I wasn't terrified by any means, but then I'm an old horror junkie and don't really get scared. There was fairly good creep factor and all normal, non-horror-jaded viewers will probably find it quite creepy. Aside from the hyper-annoying boyfriend who thinks it's a good idea to call out demons, I had no problems with the rest of the plot, and especially liked the way it ended, as it was more realistic than most movies given the story line.

For those that needed Dramamine to watch The Blair Witch Project, this didn't have the stomach convulsing motion. The camera in this movie was mostly mounted on a tri-pod or sitting on a counter.

Altogether a decent weekend - how about you?

Deadly (Masked) DeLeon

9 comments:

Leslie Langtry said...

Woo hoo! It looks better on you than it did on me! What did the dogs think?

Keri Ford said...

LOL. Love the mask. great job Leslie!

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Keri! Jana wears it with such finesse, doesn't she?

Hellie Sinclair said...

*LOL* Wow, that's...stunning. Yeah, I think stunning is the word... Oh, Leslie, your skills astound me...and ladies, it was definitely worth beating the hell out of the USPS for nearly losing it in their system!

Jana DeLeon said...

All animals thoroughly enjoyed the mask. I only wish it would have gotten here before Halloween so I could have scared kids!

Jana DeLeon said...

MsHellion - Someone would definitely have paid if they'd lost it. I was sick over it, especially AFTER I saw it. No way I could make something like that!

Leslie Langtry said...

It freaked me out too. I sent it priority so Jana could frighten the neighborhood kids. She could still do that, with a little ingenuity. Her next blog might come from the county jail though, but I'd bail her out anyday.

Terri Osburn said...

That is STYLIN'! And the color is so becoming for your eyes. What I can see of them. I'm still cracking up about you needing this in Texas. LOL!

Funny about the five days for 2 day service thing. I sent something by UPS on Thursday with 3 day service, and it delivered the very next day. From one coast to the other! If I'd wanted it there the next day, never would have happened.

Tori Lennox said...

The mask rocks!!!

Re Paranormal Activity, I don't do horror movies so have zero interest in seeing it. But I love that a movie made for $15K is earning MILLIONS. :)